- Los Campesinos! - an indie pop band from Cardiff, Wales.
- Teatro Campesino - a theater group founded by the United Farm Workers.
- "El Campesino" - Valentín González, a military leader during the Spanish Civil War.
- the Mexican farm workers who participated in the Bracero Program during World War II in the United States.
- Confederación Sindical Única de Trabajadores Campesinos de Bolivia - the "Unique Confederation of Rural Laborers of Bolivia"
- Bloque Obrero y Campesino - the Workers and Peasants' Bloc in 1930s Barcelona.
- Confederación Revolucionaria de Obreros y Campesinos in Mexico
Campesino may refer to:
Spanish language term referring to a farmer or farmworker. A possible English language equivalent term is peasant, with connotations of subsistence or simple farming that aims to survive rather than generate a profit; however, campesino lacks the negative connotations that are associated with the term peasant. In the Hispanic world, many people referred to as campesinos survive using subsistence farming, whereas subsistence farming almost entirely died out in the Anglophone world.
The term guajiro, which is American Spanish for "rustic," is a synonym for campesino in Cuba, where it is also related to Guajira (music).
campesinos in Modern Greek (1453-): Καμπεσίνο